I say it nearly every time, but what. a. week. So much has happened that well we are almost bursting at the seams with information. The decisions would make number 10 look shabby! Ok, ok, so you want to know too, well here goes....
- Starting with the most exciting. Our first sculpt was finished this morning! Our talented sculptor Lux has been hard at work, dealing with all of my micro comments and viola we have a finished green. The model will be winging its way to us in the next few days. Can't wait!
- The background art for "Nuns!" has been completed by the also super talented Ania! Watch out for this, a whole bunch of characters has been created for this faction in the last few days and we hope you will love them!
- The Soul Train has artwork for it's latest member. What a cool dude!
- Samples have been arriving from producers and a decision has been made!
- We hosting is now agreed and we have moved a few steps closer to a starting point for the website.
- Our first few sales of our cool posters have left the building, thank you very much!
So on to today's snippet. Releasing art and creating a back story is quite tricky. In fact as I approach my 35th birthday, I'm learning a whole new raft of skills and information as I work with my colleague at Underestimated Games to bring this project to life. One thing we have found is that a steady release of information will really help people connect with the project, but doing so in isolation can often leave people confused. Well if you are one of those people, hopefully a little run down of who's who will help you understand a bit more.
In our game, there will initially be 5 factions:
Renegades - These are the guys that were booted out of Heaven. Satan, who was the ring leader in chief had a go for the throne and well was given the age old heave-ho.
- Lucretia - You've seen this lady. She is a warrior unparalleled, a paragon of fighting prowess and even though she was on the losing side, not one drop of her own blood did she shed. All she wants to do, is have a good scrap, whenever possible.
- Erishkigal - A key person in Heaven, Erishkigal was the keeper of souls, it was her domain that the souls found eternal peace but now she is using her power over the souls under her command to take her revenge on God.
- Moloch - In Heaven, this guy was the one responsible for the Death of the first born! On Earth he has taken to possessing a great statue and will not stop until every child has been sacrificed to him! (nice chap ey?)
- Siren - This little lady is the universes ultimate temptress. Succubus eat your darned heart out, this ladies where its at!
- Penemue - One of the choirs of 'watchers'. Penemue has been on Earth before the late JC, teaching man oh before he can even recall. Penemue is mans Faith, his shield against all of the worlds depravations.
- Ariel - Of God's angels Ariel was by far the most cunning. Ariel is the beastmaster, the hunter of foes and no matter which realm you reside in, your sanctuary is only temporary when Ariel is in pursuit.
- Noah - God gave Noah a task. Gather the animals and steer them to safety. For the Earth had become wicked and man needed a second chance. Noah did this and in many guises has aided the fall of civilisations over and over again. An apex predator and killer, Death has enlisted Noah to truly bring about the end of mankind as we know it.
- St Peter - The angel that guards the holy gates. He's like keeper of the keys, God's number one right? Wrong. This guy is pig sick of men. Imagine having to sit just outside of heaven and never getting in for all that time? Yup and he blames mankind, all of us. So it's not looking good for us right now!
Play. time. is. over.
Anyway guys, we don't want to critical strike you with reels of text, so we will leave it there. We hope you like the sound of the above and that now you can place some people in the bigger picture. Over the coming weeks we will be talking about all of these characters and a lot more, as we haven't even talked about the humans yet!! ;)
Next up, we explain the sculpting process from our point of view.