It's quite a provocative title, but it serves what we are trying to achieve quite well. The first offering from Purgatory really gave you a flavour of why Angels were on Earth. It brought characters to the fore, giving them traits, personalities and identities. Some key individuals were brought to life outside of the existing range of models, such as St Peter or Death, whilst these beings existed, they weren't really part of the main story arc, that was Siren and Erishkigal from the existing range.
Phase 2 starts to change that and this blog post explains our thought process, where it takes us and what we intend it to bring, so let's buckle up, grab some popcorn and go on a brief journey.
The cancelled Kickstarter
This probably the best place to start. Firstly, we cancelled the kickstarter for many reasons as listed below:
- The emergence of Harry Potter and Batman to Kickstarter (albeit that Knight sought controversy instead by electing against crowd funding)
- The growing backlash online for expensive over $100 projects
- A desire for a physical product - models
- A better way to get involved with Purgatory
- 3 Models, the Host + 2 others
- The Rulebook
- 20 Gift of the Gods Cards
- 1 Faction specific GOTG Card
- Stat Cards for the models included
- 1 Random direction dice
- 3 inserts for your models and 3 bases